Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Parties & Sweet Goodbyes..

                                        
christmas
                                 
7 days til Christmas!!
Can you believe it!? Oh my word that happened fast. 



The first quarter of my school is officially over this Friday; we wrapped up by getting into the minor prophets. When we return from Christmas break we will dive back into the Old Testament and finish it. 
It has been such an amazing past 3 months; God has been so incredible and loving to me. 
Before starting this bible school I felt a bit lost and unsure about my future, I've known since I became a christian in 2008 that I am called to full-time missions but during the past year I went through a lot of ups and downs and spent a lot of time seeking God on what he had for me next. 
  God taught me how to be patient while waiting for His direction and I am so thankful that  his plan was for me to dedicate 9 months to studying his word! Learning the word of God has been so foundational and key in preparing me for the future. I have been so blessed and filled up by studying the word!

Thank you Jesus! 

To conclude the first quarter of the school we are having a mini outreach throughout this week. We as a class are breaking into groups and teaching people how to study the Old Testament. Today I taught about the Kings in the Old Testament; it really fired me up and got me excited about learning more of the word! I love teaching and telling people about the way God has been so faithful throughout history. Its sooo great!

                                  


My boyfriend David left to China for three months last Monday. He is leading a team with two other guys; they took a bunch of amazing Christian skateboarders to preach the gospel to people and  specifically skateboarders over there. I am so in awe of their team, they are so passionate and so real. They love God and have an amazing gift of connecting with people through their gift of skating.  
You can hear about them at Callingallskaters.blogspot.com

It was really sad to say goodbye to David and I miss him a lot :(, but I am soo thankful that we are both doing what God has called us to do in this season. 


Below I added some pictures from two Christmas parties that I went to. The first one was the YWAM staff party... I was able to go because David is on staff here :).
The second one was a party that my class had and my friend and I decided to dress up tacky instead of formal! It was so great. 

I hope you have a wonderful week :)




Jessica, Dorothea, me, and Nova at the Christmas party
David and me :) 









My class had our own party and you could either dress tacky or formal.. My friend Melissa and I chose tacky :)

Melissa and me with our incredible school leader, Megan. The three M's!







No comments:

Post a Comment