Thursday, December 6, 2012


Christmas is coming!
19 days until Christmas, can you believe that?! Time really flies. I am so excited because my mom blessed me with a Christmas present of flying me home to Colorado for the holiday. I can't wait!! 
I like the picture above because it is the way Southern California is, not very cold.. no snow.. and some days you could actually go to the beach. I think the only 'weather' we experience here for the winter season is rain. This week it has been raining a lot, it makes me want snow.

I have a two week Christmas break from the 21st of December to the 7th of January, I am really looking forward to it. I'm also quite nervous for it because the day break is over I am supposed to have my next quarter of school paid for... which is 1500 dollars and the thing is I have NO IDEA where its going to come from. I have been praying a lot and have once again realized that I struggle with trusting God for finances even though He's provided in the past. I know its the holiday season and money can be tight but if any of you would like to donate to my school fees you can do it easily through this blog or on the YWAM LA website: https://ywamla.org/donatepay/. It would be greatly appreciated. 

So speaking of school it is going well!  We were in 1st and 2nd Kings last week. They are pretty intense books... very similar to the book of Judges. They are both cycles of people not choosing God but doing what is right in their own eyes. Which I think everyone in the world does; including myself. It is amazing to learn how to revere God, but it really shows me that I don't seek Him or have reverence for HIm in all that I do. Its a process and I am definitely a work in progress.
Through the book of Kings I also noticed a trend... compromise. Each bad king and even some of the good ones compromised their morals for the affection and favor of the people they were leading. For example in 2 Kings 14.3 "He did what was right in the sight of the Lord, yet not like his ancestor David. The high places were not removed; the people still sacrificed and made offerings on high places."
The high places are the places for idol worship. So see, he was even good! This king did what was right in the sight of the Lord but not fully!! Weird, huh? Yeah so I noticed a theme of compromise throughout the book and it really challenged me. I know I compromise in my faith with God, maybe not huge ways but small compromises pile up and turn into large ones. 
 I know sometimes I compromise in how I love people, for example if I'm at Starbucks and I could buy my friend a drink but for some reason I don't because I fear money. Not only is that compromise in the way I love but its not trusting God for money. Whoa.

 I'm not going to analyze myself and find all of my shortcomings,because I have far more than just not always loving well.. haha. But I think I'll start to notice more of the compromises I make that God may be pinpointing, and work on them. You can join me if you would like? :) 

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment