Wednesday, January 16, 2013

finally my new years resolutions


Talk about being a tad late with sharing my new years resolutions,
 but like I said a few posts back I was going to finally make some this year and share them with all you lovely people!

I took a lot of time to consider what I wanted to "do" or do differently in 2013 and they aren't super incredible but they are significant to me so here you go :) 

2013 New Years revolution resolutions:
- to grow in my intimacy with the Lord and receive his grace, like REALLY receive it. 
I've received Gods grace, because whether or not I choose it He still covers me with it but this year I want to make a choice to really receive it. For me that looks like believing He loves me when I don't love myself, to know that I can do the things he's called me to because he has supplied me with the grace to do it, and to have grace with others. 

- Be healthy
this one is not just physical health, its emotional, spiritual, physical and mental health. I want to not only take care of my body but also take care of the rest of me. I want to speak life, to encourage myself and through that encourage others. I want to talk through tough things with close friends and family and be super open and humble before the Lord, not trying to hide anything.

- Not drink alcohol
this year I am choosing not to drink. Not because its bad, because drinking in moderation isn't bad. But that's exactly what I struggle with.. drinking in moderation is a challenge for me. It has been since I was 13 and this year I became aware of the fact that I haven't ever fully laid it down. This one is a big deal because its been an emotional support for so long. Not a healthy one but it has been, I wouldn't get drunk every time something was going on in me emotionally but I would turn to the thought or the comfort of being able to put off my emotions through a drink here or there. I realize that God wants me to go to him for that and that's what I'm going to do. 

So here's to 2013! 
(raising a glass... of apple juice..haha) 
A new year and new beginnings.
 I pray you all would be immensely blessed and that all of you would have the strength to stick to your resolutions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment